Surround Dongle Troubleshooting
Surround Dongle Software is not booting or causes PC freeze & crash / The Surround Dongle button stays red, what to do?
Please follow these steps:
- Please make sure that you downloaded the Surround Dongle Software and thoroughly follow the user guide, which you can download online: Sennheiser Gaming Downloads Page
- Have you tried the GSP 350 on USB 2.0 Ports? Please do so, as USB 3.0 seems to cause issues.
- We don't support the use of third-party devices with our gaming headsets. They can interfere with communication between gaming headsets and computer.
Unsupported third-party devices include:
- KVM switch boxes
- Port replicators
- Docking stations
- USB hubs
NOTE: The manufacturers of these third-party devices implement headset support in different ways. There is currently no industry standard.
- Please try out the headset on a different device to see if the issue comes from the headset or the PC.
- Do you have any other audio software installed? If so, please uninstall as it might interfere with sound.
- If the issues still persist, we recommend to completely remove the Surround Dongle from your device manager and re-install it with following steps:
Download the CleanSweep tool - Link - and follow the Surround Dongle article for removing the GSP 350 Surround Sound dongle from your computer.
- As a very last resort, a clean install of Windows 10 and of all software worked for some customers.